Baked Ziti tastes such as you’ve been cooking all day however is surprisingly fast to make!
Italian sausage offers the zesty sauce a number of taste with little effort. Add in a creamy ricotta layer and a beneficiant sprinkling of cheese and bake till bubbly.
Reading: Baked ziti recipe with ricotta
A tremendous meal in about an hour!
Why We Love This Recipe
Baked ziti with ricotta is an simple twist on a basic lasagna recipe. As a substitute of lengthy lasagna noodles, we use ziti pasta and toss it with the meat sauce.
It rivals any dish I’ve had in a restaurant at a fraction of the associated fee with heaps of taste!
Including Italian sausage on this recipe (or any pasta sauce) makes a fast sauce style prefer it’s been cooking for hours!
This ziti dish is ideal to make forward and it reheats and freezes effectively. Cook dinner as soon as and revel in for meals to return!
Baked ziti is flexible!
- Italian sausage provides a ton of taste on this recipe however of you should utilize floor beef (or turkey).
- In the event you swap out the sausage, add additional seasonings or spices (and a few chili flakes for warmth).
- Since it is a baked ziti casserole, I exploit ziti as the bottom however any medium pasta will work.
- Swap out with penne or rigatoni to make a baked rigatoni pasta.
- Cook dinner the pasta it al dente (just a little undercooked) as it should proceed to cook dinner because it bakes.
- Ricotta provides a creamy texture. You possibly can swap it out by mixing cottage cheese with an egg till clean.
- Mozzarella is the proper topper and I at all times garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese for nice taste.
- Italian Seasoning accommodates all the spices you’ll want on this recipe.
- Add extra ‘heat’ by including a splash of purple pepper flakes…just a bit spicy. Molto buono Italiano!
The best way to Make Baked Ziti
- Brown the sausage and onion. Add sauce elements and simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, parsley, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Layer sauce, ziti and the ricotta combination in a casserole dish so as:
- just a little sauce on the underside
- half of the cooked ziti
- all the ricotta
- remaining ziti and sauce
- Prime with the remaining shredded mozzarella and bake till the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Read more: Strawberry kefir ice cream recipe
How Lengthy to Cook dinner Baked Ziti: Baked Ziti is mainly cooked so the baking is to mix the flavors, warmth all the pieces by way of and naturally soften the cheese. Cook dinner it uncovered till the highest seems to be bubbly and browned!
Bake Ziti at
- 350°F for 30-35 minutes
- 375°F for 25-Half-hour
- 400°F for 20-25 minutes
Extra Italian Favorites
- Simple Rooster Parmesan – 5 Star Recipe!
- Caprese Salad – Easy Perfection
- Simple Lasagna (One Pan/Skillet) – Fast and scrumptious and not using a sink stuffed with dishes!
- Sausage and Peppers – Good with pasta or in Italian rolls.
- Rooster Piccata – Restaurant high quality at residence
You can also make Baked Ziti Forward of Time! Merely put together as directed and refrigerate as much as 24 hours. It’s possible you’ll want so as to add an additional 5-10 minutes bake time in case your recipe is chilly from the fridge.
To Reheat Baked Ziti use both the microwave or pop again within the oven on a low, gradual warmth. Reheating baked ziti doesn’t change the feel or the flavour, however including an additional layer of shredded mozzarella to the highest freshens it up only a bit!
Did you get pleasure from this Baked Ziti? Be sure you depart a score and a remark under!
To Freeze Baked Ziti
Like most casseroles, baked ziti may be frozen efficiently. In case you are freezing your entire casserole in a single piece, make sure you line the dish with aluminum foil earlier than assembling and baking, then, as soon as it’s chilled, freeze within the pan after which take away the casserole and wrap in aluminum foil and plastic wrap, label and place within the fridge.
Or, portion into smaller items and put in freezer baggage, label and freeze! Simple peasy lunch for varsity or work!
Read more: Hey grill hey pulled pork