Looking out for five minute recipes? Seared ahi tuna is an incredible quick, nutritious and filling 5-minute recipe; serve with leftover veggies and rice.
Alex and I get quite a lot of questions on fast meals. And there is nothing pretty like seared tuna as an easy dinner idea. Seared ahi tuna is doubtless probably the most delicious meals on the planet, and it truly cooks in decrease than 5 minutes! Put it together with leftover veg or rice and likewise you’ve purchased a quick dinner. After we started this website, we primarily posted vegetarian and vegan recipes. Nonetheless, most of you already know that Alex and I are flexitarian: that signifies that we eat principally veggies however moreover flex as quickly as in a whereas to eat fish and good top quality meats. So, we felt choose it was time to share this 3 ingredient quick dinner trick!
Reading: Searing tuna in a pan
How one can sear tuna
Seared tuna is doubtless one of many first quick dinner ideas Alex and I used to make after we first started cooking collectively! For individuals who’ve certainly not had ahi tuna, it’s time to start. NOW! Seared ahi tuna would not tasty fishy the least bit. So whenever you’re looking for to influence someone ambivalent about seafood, seared tuna is an effective spot to start. The flavour? Seared tuna is so, so delicious. It tastes buttery on the inside and salty savory on the floor. It’s one amongst every Alex and my favorite meals and accommodates a ton of nutritional vitamins, significantly for people who eat principally vegetarian and vegan like us.
How one can sear tuna? It’s so quick and straightforward:
- Heat a skillet to medium extreme heat with a small drizzle of olive oil. Add the tuna and put together dinner for about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Take away the tuna and slice it in opposition to the grain into half-inch thick slices. After it’s scale back you’ll see that the inside is a beautiful pink shade (raw) and and easily the edges are browned. That’s what you want! Our tuna was sashimi grade and supposed for sushi or sashimi, it was pre-cut-which was helpful.
What tuna to buy for seared ahi tuna?
When buying for ahi tuna, seek for fish that’s labeled sushi-grade or sashimi grade. Whereas there are usually not any specific guidelines throughout the label sushi-grade, it means it’s top of the range fish that is safe to be eaten raw. (Be taught further proper right here.) Take a look at your native fish counter for a tuna steak that has a company texture and a superb crimson shade.
Alex and I’ve been able to find frozen sashimi grade ahi tuna at our native grocery retailer. It was supplied in a little bit discipline and supposed for making sushi or sashimi at residence. Nonetheless it is good for making seared ahi tuna! For individuals who buy frozen, merely pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw within the fridge the day of serving. You can also uncover ahi tuna at your native fish counter.
One different good technique to make use of sashimi grade ahi tuna? Poke bowls! Head over for further about ahi poke and the way one can serve it.
How one can serve seared tuna
Searing tuna can be a 5 minute recipe! Nonetheless, to make it a 5 minute dinner it’s greatest to have a bunch of leftovers available for serving it. For our seared ahi tuna dinner, Alex and I used up a number of of the weather we had on-hand. We had merely made Cauliflower Tacos with Yum Yum Sauce, so we realized that quite a lot of these parts might presumably be reworked to make a seared tuna bowl. Appears Yum Yum sauce is good as a seared ahi tuna sauce too! Proper right here’s how we accessorized our seared tuna:
- Rapid Pot rice (confirmed proper right here is crimson rice; Quinoa is fast and simple too)
- Crispy breaded cauliflower (from the tacos, reheated using the instructions within the recipe)
- Pickled crimson onions (that occurred to be in our fridge)
- Spinach that we sauteed for 2 minutes until wilted, blended with a number of pinches salt and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil
- Yum Yum sauce or Spicy Mayo
In any case, you presumably can serve your seared tuna with all forms of points: with rice, over a greens as a salad, and with any of our sauces as a drizzle.
This seared ahi tuna recipe is…
Pescatarian and gluten-free.
Looking out for further quick & easy dinner ideas?
We love creating quick and simple dinner ideas like this seared tuna recipe! Listed beneath are a number of of our totally different favorite easy dinner ideas (with one or two 5 minute recipes):
- All easy dinner ideas
- 5 Minute Pesto Breakfast Sandwich
- 5 Minute Romesco Gnocchi Sauce Recipe
- 5 Minute Rapid Oatmeal
- Seared Salmon Poke Bowl
- Tomato Coconut Cauliflower Curry
- Broiled Salmon with Bourbon Glaze
- Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese
- Easy Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Loaded Quinoa Tacos
- Most interesting Stir Fry Greens with Teriyaki
- Loaded Veggie Quesadilla Recipe
- Easy Nicoise Salad
- 12 Quick Dinner Recipes
- Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Lives